First we made a roof that would direct the water to the new gutters.
The gutters drain into a bucket. Rain barrels are becoming common enough that Home Depot has devices to make it easy to make your own.The bucket drains out of the far corner. We had to drill a hole in the bucket and push a piece of PVC through that would hold the tubing we have left over from the aquaponic wall garden. We found the buckets outside on trash day as the neighbors seem to go through a lot of cat litter.Running along the wire.
The tube then is connected to a PVC pipe with a cap.The last step is to install the nipple waterers!
I am damn near finished. There are always small details to fix, but the major stuff is finished. I built a shelf for the fish tank, made a light, and put it all together. The light was my first time playing with electrical things. It felt good to see the light come on without me getting electrocuted. Thanks to TomorrowsGarden.net for showing me how to save $100 by making my own light. It was about $15 to make the light and another $20 for both light bulbs. Typically, these reflectors are about $100 without the bulbs.
Here is the light after being mounted to the ceiling. Now we need more plants. The fish poop and fertilize the plants. I got the idea from other aquaponic companies, but really didn’t want to pay what they were charging for complete setups. Amanda hates all of the wires, so those will be hidden somehow and then I will really be finished… until we work on the next one beside it.